-Many times it is hard to know what to do or say when someone we know has had a loss. It is important to know that sometimes, the best thing you can do is to just let them know you are sorry and that you are there for them. And then….listen.
-Many people feel that they need to say something to try to help but end up saying things that are hurtful. Please try to avoid saying the following:
– At least you can have other children or at least you have other children
– This was meant to be
– There must have been something wrong with the baby
– At least you didn’t know the baby, it would have been much harder
– Making the conversation about you or your loss
– Know that people grieve in different ways and two people with the same experience make not react the same way.
– Offer to attend a Share support group with your friend/family member to make them feel more comfortable.